Well, Gents...This weekend was long in Brazil, because of Carnival ...I took advantage of the free time to tackle a project that has been tempting me for a long time since I found this photo on the Internet:
|Notice the Ford g917 with double cabin, parking ...|
Why I like so much of the rare things?? I was only seeing this picture ...and the ideas began to simmer in my mind ...First of all, a drawing:
After that, let's "cut" an ICM kit to make this project:
|Ford G917T standard, from ICM|
|Cutting the rear roof...|
|The doors will be installed in place to give rigidity to the cabin ...|
|The profile in scale helps a lot ...|
|Squareness in the rear portion of the cabin|
|The rear panel is too narrow!!!!|
|Compare with the profile...|
|After surgery in the rear panel, testing the new roof...|
|Making the curves....The green material in the roof is dental acrylic...|
|Starting the sanding work...|
|The rain channel was made with Plastruct. Rear doors in plasticard|
|Well...almost ready for primer !!!|
After the work in the cabin in plastic, my friend Fabio cast one cabin in resin to me:
|The cab in resin. Notice the details in plastic, from ICM kit...|
|The ICM Ford G917 chassi: very good stuff!!!!|
|The double bench of the truck. Green parts are in resin...|
|The cab's interior painted and ready for assemble...|
|The truck in progress...the upper part of cargo bay will be eliminated...|
|Side view. I'm not exactly replicate the truck in photo, but something similar|
|Front view. The chassi is perfectly aligned...|
As I say before, I'll do something similar to the photo. The roof rack will make with a larger area
|The cab rack: cooper wire and Plastruct|
|Rack in the top of the truck.|
Notice the cargo bay trimmed with arcs for the canvas
|Plastic details...Again, similar to the pic...|
|Toolbox, rack for jerrycan and other details...|
|Ready for painting;;;|
|Panzergray from Lifecolor...|
|Notice the metal reinforcement inside the cargo-bay (red arrow)|
The reason is that we caught the model in this region.
The canvas will hide this reinforcement ...
|Tarp time: tracing paper with white glue(PVA) plus water...|
|Starting the process...Brushing the glue+water solution in the paper...|
|applying the in the cargo-bay of the truck ...|
|Painting the canvas with Vallejo khaky|
|The colors are good...in my opinion...|
In Missing-Lynx, Javier de Luelmo suggests that the truck would be of Norwegian origin...and I agree with his opinion. About the long footboard linking the front fender to the rear, I opted to not do. This footboard was strange and illogical .... As my vehicle is not a reproduction and apparently, there was no standardization in these bodies (see the topic ML), my truck got this way ...
Thanks to all colleagues who participated in the discussion, especially Romsits Adam and Javier de Luelmo.
My truck will be from Sanitary Company, operating in the transport of medical supplies and drugs. Belonged to 163rd Infantry Division, 2nd Sanitary Company, in Norway, April -1941. The badge of 163rd ID is the "Trabender Elch" (Moose troting):
|Badge of 163rd ID is the "Trabender Elch" (Moose troting)|
The decals, after printed by my Laserjet Color...
|Applying the white backgrounds decals with Future|
|and the decals with colors... rear view...|
|Ford G918T double cab|
163rd Infantry Division, 2nd Sanitary Company - Norway, April - 1941
|Next stage: weathering....|
Good morning...In my last post about this truck, Claus Nielsen ask to me: " How do you fit glass in the windows after painting?"
Well, Claus...Typically, I use overhead transparencies for presentations. It is a very thin acetate ... I cut with scissors (very carefully) and set with PVA glue. In this particular case, I used the transparency of the kit. I refining the outline of acrylic with a scalpel (scraping), decreasing its outskirts ... When it fits perfectly, I glue the windshield with PVA glue. See the steps:
|Scraping the edges of the transparency with the blade of the scalpel.|
Angling the edges of the transparency...
|In close-up. Notice the diagram....|
|Adapting the windshield in the cockpit.Notice the fitting of transparency:|
the angle of the edges prevents the "dropping" of the glass for the inside of the cabin
|"Sewing" the glass with PVA glue...|
|In place... and the glue is drying ...|
Oops..I forgot the load on the cab roof: made with styrofoam.
|And with tarps painted and tied in place...|
Next step: final details and final weathering !!!
The end is near !!!!
The Ford G917 double cab was done !!! Another oddball for my collection:
|Ford G917T double cab from 163rd Infantry Division,|
2nd Sanitary Company - Norway, April -1941
|Ford G917T double cab - left side|
|Ford G917T double cab - rear view|
|Ford G917T double cab - right side|
|Ford G917T double cab with Kojak|
|Ford G917T double cab side by side with Opel Blitz fuel tanker|
|The Ford G917T double cab is huge...|
|Thanks, Gents !!!|
Bye, Lads !!